We are delighted to welcome you back to Mother Shipton’s Cave!
We would like to thank you for your patience and support. The reopening of Mother Shipton’s has been planned with great caution and consideration to ensure we can protect our staff, community, and our visitors.
Click HERE to Pre-Book
Admissions must be booked online in advance. Sessions allow 2.5 hours from when the slot starts for visitors to enjoy the attraction. Admission is for pre-booked cars only. You will need to arrive promptly and leave by the end of your session.
Sessions start from 9.30am with slots every 10 minutes until the last admission at 3pm. The park will close at 5.30pm.
£25 per car weekdays, £30 weekends and school holidays (max 7 people per car). Please note that minibuses and motorhomes will not be allowed. Unfortunately, pedestrians without a car will not be able to visit at the moment due to the current situation.
Visitors arrive by car, tickets are scanned at the ticket booths, then shown the facilities and car parking. Visitors can then get out of their car and explore the attraction.
Admission includes: Pixie Village trail, woodland walk, Adventure Playground, Petrifying Well, Wishing Well and Mother Shipton’s Cave.
Should you wish to visit the town of Knaresborough after your visit, you will need to use alternative car parking.
From the 24th July, all visitors over the age of 11 must wear a face covering to enter the Museum and Gift Shop and order food or drink, unless medically exempt.
Now serving coffee, ice creams, cakes, crisps and sandwiches.
How do I book my time slot?
• Admissions must be booked online in advance. We have sessions throughout the day, each allowing 2.5 hours from when the slot starts for visitors to enjoy the attraction. The park will close at 5.30pm.
• Please arrive promptly for your allocated time slot and leave by the end of your session.
• Each week we will release new dates and tickets until normal operation is resumed.
Can I change the date?
• Once purchased, tickets cannot be transferred or exchanged. Refunds or transfers will only be available if the park has to close.
What do I need to bring with me?
• Upon arrival, please display your booking confirmation barcode. You can print this or show it on your phone. You will not be allowed admission to the attraction without a valid pre-booked ticket.
Can I arrive without a car?
• Pedestrian access will not be allowed at this time and bookings will be for cars only.
What Safety Precautions are in place?
• Signage - to show where to space out and leave a 2m distance - demonstrating effective hand washing - warning of narrow passages - showing one-way systems.
• Staff will be continually cleaning throughout the attraction.
• Staff will have protective face masks and access to hand sanitizers.
• Limiting the number of tickets per day to avoid overcrowding.
Can we visit the town of Knaresborough while we are here?
• Parking is for the attraction only, if you wish to visit the town of Knaresborough there are town car parks such as Conyngham Hall, but you will not be allowed re-entry to the attraction.
• The only entrance will be on High Bridge, the entrance on Low Bridge will be closed.
Will the playground be open?
• The adventure playground is open.
Will your toilets be open?
• Yes, our toilets will be open for our visitors to use. They are located at the main gate and port-a-loos in the middle of the park. As always, we will be cleaning these regularly.
Will the Gift Shop be open?
• Yes, the gift shop we will ask that you pay by contactless card payment where possible. There will be a limited capacity of visitors allowed in the Gift Shop at any time.
Will there be refreshments available?
• Yes, there will be coffee, cakes and ice cream available.
Can I bring a picnic?
• Yes, you can bring a picnic, but you should bring your own picnic blanket and put your rubbish in the bins provided.
Can I bring a barbecue?
• No, barbecues are not permitted.
Can I bring my dog?
• Yes, dogs are allowed but must be kept on a lead at all times.
Can I use my Complimentary/Open ticket?
• You will need to book a time slot, if you have a complimentary or open ticket and you would like to visit us at this time, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
I’m an Annual Member, do I need to pre-book?
• If you are a member, you will need to book in a time slot to visit us. Email us at email@example.com and we will arrange this for you. You will need to bring your membership barcode upon arrival.
Is the park pram friendly?
• There are 3 sets of steps to the Cave and Well, please park your pushchair before the steps.
• We would recommend bringing a sling if possible, instead of a pushchair.
Is the park accessible for wheelchairs and mobility scooters?
• The park is not suitable for wheelchairs or people with limited mobility due to steps and uneven ground.
If you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org