We are delighted to welcome you back to Mother Shipton’s Cave!
We would like to thank you for your patience and support. The reopening of Mother Shipton’s has been planned with great caution and consideration to ensure we can protect our staff, community, and our visitors.
Click HERE to Pre-Book
Booking is essential, please respect social distancing and the rule of six (from Monday 14th) when visiting Mother Shipton’s.
You will need to arrive promptly and leave by the end of your session.
£25 per car weekdays, £30 weekends and school holidays (max 5 people per car). Please note that motorhomes will not be allowed.
Visitors arrive by car, tickets are scanned at the ticket booths, then shown the facilities and car parking. Visitors can then get out of their car and explore the attraction.
Admission includes: woodland walk, Adventure Playground, Petrifying Well, Wishing Well and Mother Shipton’s Cave.
Should you wish to visit the town of Knaresborough after your visit, you will need to use alternative car parking.
All visitors over the age of 11 must wear a face covering to enter the Museum and Gift Shop and order food or drink, unless medically exempt.
Now serving coffee, ice creams, cakes, crisps and sandwiches.
How do I book my time slot?
• Admissions must be booked online.
• Please arrive promptly for your allocated time slot and leave by the end of your session. You can arrive later than your arrival time, but you must leave by your exit time.
What do I need to bring with me?
• Upon arrival, please display your booking confirmation barcode. You can print this or show it on your phone. You will not be allowed admission to the attraction without a valid pre-booked ticket.
Can I arrive without a car?
• Yes, you can purchase pedestrian tickets and arrive on foot from the 7th September.
What Safety Precautions are in place?
• Signage - to show where to space out and leave a 2m distance - demonstrating effective hand washing - warning of narrow passages - showing one-way systems.
• Hand sanitising stations.
• Staff will be continually cleaning throughout the attraction.
• Limiting the number of tickets per day to avoid overcrowding.
• Face coverings must be worn in the Museum & Gift Shop and when ordering food and drink by all visitors over the age of 11 unless medically exempt.
Can we visit the town of Knaresborough while we are here?
• Parking is for the attraction only, if you wish to visit the town of Knaresborough there are town car parks, but you will not be allowed re-entry to the attraction.
• The only entrance will be on High Bridge, the entrance on Low Bridge will be closed.
Will the playground be open?
• The adventure playground is open. Please supervise children at all times and respect social distancing.
Will your toilets be open?
• Yes, our toilets are open for visitors to use. They are located at the main gate and port-a-loos in the middle of the park. As always, we will be cleaning these regularly.
Will the Museum and Gift Shop be open?
• Yes, the Museum and the Gift Shop is open. Please pay by contactless card payment where possible. There will be a limited capacity of visitors allowed in the Gift Shop at any time. Face coverings must be worn in the Museum & Gift Shop by all visitors over the age of 11 unless medically exempt.
Will there be refreshments available?
• Yes, there are ice creams, hot drinks and cakes available to purchase from the catering kiosks near the Adventure Playground.
Can I bring a picnic?
• Yes, you can bring a picnic, please use the bins provided.
Can I bring a barbecue?
• No, barbecues are not permitted.
Can I bring my dog?
• Yes, dogs are allowed but must be kept on a lead at all times.
Can I use my Complimentary/Open ticket?
• You will need to book a time slot, if you have a complimentary or open ticket and you would like to visit us at this time, please contact us at email@example.com
I’m an Annual Member, do I need to pre-book?
• If you are a member, you will need to book in a time slot to visit us. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange this for you. You will need to bring your membership barcode upon arrival.
Is the park pram friendly?
• There are 3 sets of stairs that will be out of bounds to prams, but there is a shelter to park prams before the steps.
• We would recommend bringing a sling if possible, instead of a pushchair.
Is the park accessible for wheelchairs and mobility scooters?
• The park is not suitable for wheelchairs or people with limited mobility due to steps and uneven ground.
If you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com